List of Xenoestrogens – Chemical EstrogensPosted by admin on Mar 18, 2012 in Cancer, Disease • No comments
Xenoestrogens and Your Health
Xenoestrogens are foreign estrogens. They are estrogen mimickers that effect the estrogen in our bodies and can alter hormone activity. Growing evidence implicates xenoestrogens in a wide range of human and wildlife health problems.
There are some 70,000 registered chemicals having hormonal effects, in addition to being toxic and carcinogenic. The synergistic effects of exposure are well documented, but largely unknown. These substances can increase the estrogen load in the body over time and are difficult to detoxify through the liver.
It is now being discovered that these synthetic estrogens are making their way into our bodies and pretending to be our biological estrogen. They are present in our soil, water, air, food supply, personal care and household products.
- Organ chlorines, are one of the largest sources. They are used in pesticides, dry cleaning, bleaching of feminine-hygiene products and the manufacture of plastics.
- Bisphenol-A, a breakdown of polycarbonate, is used in many plastic bottles. It’s found in the lining of many food cans and juice containers.
- Avoid heated plastics, plastic lined items and Styrofoam (microwave, oven, sun), as the polycarbonate escapes
- Use glass, ceramics or steel to store/consume foods and liquids.
- Choose organic produce. Always go organic with thin skinned fruits and vegetables.
- Buy hormone-free animal products (eggs, poultry, meats, dairy). To avoid xenoestrogen injections, supplements, bovine growth hormone.
- A common food preservative in processed foods (BHS: butylated hydroxyanisole).
- Avoid non-organic coffee and tea.
- Use reverse-osmosis filter water or purchase your own filter (drinking and bathing).
- Many creams and cosmetics contain parabens and stearal konium chloride. Choose natural brands (preservatives made with minerals or grapefruit seed extract).
- Most skin lotions, creams, soaps, shampoo, cosmetics use parabens and phenoxyethanol as a preservative. Substances are 100% absorbed into the body. Go natural or organic.
- Phthalates are commonly found in baby lotions and powders.
- Sunscreen can contain benzophenone-3, homosalate, 4-methyl-benzylidene camphor, octal-methoxycinnamate, octal-dimethyl-PABA. Go organic.
- Many perfumes, deodorizers, air fresheners have artificial scents and contain phthalates.
- Most perfumes are petrochemically based.
- Nail polish and removers contain harsh chemicals.
- The birth control pill contains high concentration of synthetic estrogen. Choose a condom or diaphragm gels without surfactants. Use a condom without spermicidal.
- Hormone replacement therapy (contains synthetic estrogens) – opt for paraben-free progesterone cream.
- Research ingredients in your pharmaceuticals.
- Dryer sheets, fabric softeners and detergents put petrochemicals right on your skin. Use laundry detergent with less chemicals or use white vinegar and baking soda.
- Be aware of noxious gas that comes from copiers and printers, carpets, fiberboards, new carpets.
- Do not inhale and protect your skin from: electrical oils, lubricants, adhesive paints, lacquers, solvents, oils, paints, fuel, industrial wastes, packing materials, harsh cleaning products, fertilizers.
- Become educated on: pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, parathion, plant and fungal estrogens, industrial chemicals (cadmium, lead, mercury), Primpro, DES, Premarin-cemeteries, Tagamet, Marijuana, insecticides (Dieldrin, DDT, Endosulfan, Heptachlor, Lindane/hexachlorocychohexan, methoxychlor), Erythrosine, FD&C Red No 3, Nonylphenol, Polychlorinated biphenyls, Phenosulfothizine, Phthalates, DEHP.
The human body is being bombarded with these harmful chemicals every day creating an over burdened liver, weakening the immune system and disrupting the delicate hormonal balance.
More and more evidence exposes xenoestrogens to be dangerous chemicals that need to be avoided whenever possible. Avoiding these synthetic chemicals and supporting the body through proper liver detoxification, hormone balancing and immune support, will work towards protecting our bodies.